EMIT Uses Severn Trent’s Higgins Loop Ion EXchange System for CBNG Water Purification
EMIT Water Discharge Technology, LLC selected Severn Trent Services' Higgins Loop Continuous Countercurrent Ion EXchange (CCIX) system to provide oil and gas producers with water purification services.
The patented system will purify byproduct water created in the production of Coal Bed Natural Gas (CBNG), making the water suitable for discharge into the environment.
During the production of CBNG, water pumped with methane gas contains high levels of sodium and bicarbonate and, in some cases, chlorides and sulfates. Federal and state water regulations prohibit the discharge of this water into the environment or for irrigation, due to its high salt content.
With Severn Trent Services' Higgins Loop CCIX technology, EMIT can economically and efficiently treat water used during the production of CBNG for environmental reintroduction and reuse. The Higgins Loop system utilizes I-X resins in a highly efficient resin-contacting system to remove sodium from the water and concentrate it into a dense brine solution byproduct that may even be useful within the oil and gas industry. Removing sodium from the water lowers its pH balance and reduces bicarbonate levels by extracting carbon dioxide gas from the water.
More like this
- Severn Trent Services Selects EMIT Water Discharge Technology for its Environmental Leadership Allia
- Ion Exchange Technology Proves Effective in Wyoming’s Powder River Basin
- Severn Trent Services Introduces a Precision Dosing System to Feed Sodium Hypochlorite
- Severn Trent Services Receives Disinfection Systems Technology Leadership Award
- Severn Trent Acquires Environmental Systems Technology