HPA will be responsible for the demolition & removal of two existing Herbert Hoover Dike culverts & the construction of new water control structures to replace them
EMCOR Group Inc.’s subsidiary Harry Pepper Associates Inc. (HPA) has been awarded a contract by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for the demolition and reconstruction of elements of the Herbert Hoover Dike in Okeechobee and Palm Beach Counties, Fla.
HPA will be responsible for the demolition and removal of two existing Herbert Hoover Dike culverts (8 and 13) and the construction of new water control structures to replace them at their respective existing locations. The scope of work will include the installation of earthen cofferdams (a watertight enclosure pumped dry to permit construction work below the waterline) within Lake Okeechobee and steel sheet pile cofferdams at the landside of each culvert in order to dewater each construction site.
“We’re delighted to have again been selected to work with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in our region for this important work on the Herbert Hoover Dike,” said David Pepper, president and CEO of HPA. "HPA's substantial and diverse experience performing this type of work enables us to provide the wide-ranging skills necessary to fulfill the rigorous specifications required of this project."
More like this
- EMCOR Group Subsidiary to Renovate Florida Treatment Plant
- EMCOR Group Subsidiary to Renovate Miami Dade Water and Sewer Department
- Florida Company to Install Clearwater Reverse Osmosis Plant
- EMCOR Group, Inc. Subsidiary Receives Contract for Nanofiltration Water Facility
- EMCOR Group Subsidiary Awarded WWTP Construction Contract