Earth Tech, Inc. has been awarded a $7.5 million contract by the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago (MWRDGC) to provide overall project management and preliminary and final design services at the district’s largest wastewater treatment facility.
Earth Tech will evaluate and oversee improvements to increase efficiency and enhance the effectiveness of the sludge treatment process at the Stickney Water Reclamation Plant, one of the world’s largest wastewater treatment plants.
As part of the work, the team will convert the facility’s two-stage sludge thickening process to one stage, and make other improvements to increase the overall solids capture and achieve a higher total solids concentration feed to the digesters at the plant, which has an average design capacity of 1,200 mgd.
“Through this project, we will enable the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District to not only meet the needs of Chicago metropolitan area residents, but to do so in a way that ensures a sustainable level of service in the future,” said Bill Webb, executive vice president of Earth Tech’s Consulting & Engineering Division. “With these improvements, the Stickney Water Reclamation Plant will remain a first-rate treatment facility well into the future.”
More like this
- Emerson Signs $25M Contract with Chicago Water District
- Black & Veatch, Greeley and Hansen Develop Master Plan for Waste Water Treatment Plant
- Earth Tech Wins Management Award for Boston Harbor Wastewater Project
- MWRD Selects UV System for Water Reclamation Plant
- Emerson Wins Contracts Totaling $40 M to Upgrade Water, Wastewater Facilities