Severn Trent Services Sees Increased Sales
Growth driven by global water and wastewater treatment needs
Severn Trent Services has increased sales of its products and services globally by more than 20% in the past year. Severn Trent officials credit the company’s leading water and wastewater treatment technologies – including desalination and water reuse products – and the need for innovative solutions to respond to increasingly stringent water quality standards. But they also point to the 2009 acquisition of P.S. Apliclor S.A., a supplier of drinking and wastewater solutions in Spain and Portugal, as a watershed in the company’s growth in Europe, North Africa and beyond.
Notable among the company’s recent projects are:
-Successful development of new partnerships in Spain, which have enabled the identification of opportunities both in the country and globally. Recent projects include supplying a TETRA FlumeFlow, a new design for drinking water treatment filter floors, at the Mundaring water treatment plant in Australia and at the Copiapó seawater reverse osmosis (SWRO) in Chile. The company also supplied its Capital Controls gas feed disinfection for drinking water treatment works in Romania and in the Middle East. Spanish contractors assisted with each of these projects.
- -Partnering with ACCIONA Agua to design, construct and install the TETRA LP Block dual parallel underdrains for pretreatment at a Fouka, Algeria SWRO desalination plant. This project, which was completed in 2011, was the first ever installation for the TETRA FlumeFlow.
- -Winning new projects in Spain including a contract for an Aquadiox chlorine dioxide generator at the Venta Alta drinking water treatment plant in Arrigorriaga, and the TETRA LP Block at the Sant Joan Despí water treatment plant in Barcelona, two of the largest water treatment plants in Spain.
- -The introduction of the company’s full range of water and wastewater treatment solutions in Spain. Severn Trent Services has been working to launch the TETRA range of wastewater treatment technologies, including a trial of the TETRA DeepBed Filter by a large Spanish water company.
- In April 2012, the company announced the rebranding of the Severn Trent Services – Apliclor name in Spain to Severn Trent Services.
Among Severn Trent’s industry-leading technologies and services are:
- -Tertiary treatment systems: The TETRA Denite denitrification filter, TETRA SAF (submerged aerated filter) and the TETRA DeepBed filtration system.
- -Electrochlorination: The ClorTec onsite sodium hypochlorite generating system.
- -Inorganic treatment products: The SORB 33 arsenic removal system; the SORB nitrate removal system; and the SORB 09 fluoride removal system.
- -Underdrain filters for drinking water applications: The TETRA LP Block dual-parallel lateral underdrain filter floor for RGF and GAC filters.
- -Microwave UV disinfection: The MicroDynamics microwave UV disinfection systems.