The Alliance for Water Efficiency (AWE) and ...
One-day event in San Diego is hosted by the Maritime Alliance
On January 28, The Maritime Alliance will host a one-day symposium in San Diego on the technologies and increasingly attractive economics of the desalination industry.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Robert Burk, founder and CEO, NanoH2O;
• Hugh Constant, executive vice president, World Trade Center San Diego;
• Gary Crisp, global business leader, desalination, GHD Pty. Ltd.;
• Anthony Jones, Ph.D., chief technology officer, Campbell Applied Physics Inc.;
• Neil Marshall, vice president, EcoSystems Management Associates Inc.;
• John McNeece, attorney/partner, Luce Forward;
• Randy Truby, comptroller, Intl. Desalination Assn.;
• Rogelio Vazquez Gonzalez, Ph.D., professor of applied geophysics, CICESE;
• Peter Waldron, president, American Membrane Technology Assn.; and
• Robert Yamada, water resources manager, San Diego County Water Authority.
Topics to be covered include:
• “The Technology and Increasingly Attractive Economics of Desalination”;
• "San Diego as a Historic and Leading Center of Desalination Technology";
• "Desalination Technology Advances Worldwide";
• "Opportunities in the San Diego/Baja Mega-Region";
• "Related Technologies and Applications"; and
• The Department of Commerce grant won by the World Trade Center San Diego to promote exports of water technologies to North Africa, the Middle East and India.
Registration for the one-day event is $45. Supporters of the Maritime Alliance will receive a discounted rate of $20. The cost to exhibit, which includes one attendee, is $125. All prices include lunch. Sponsorship opportunities start at $250.