Nominations will be accepted via email through the end of 2012
The U.S. Water Alliance announced an extension to the 2013 U.S. Water Prize nomination deadline to Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:59 pm.
The U.S. Water Prize recognizes individuals and institutions that have taken the initiative, shown innovation and contributed to greater water sustainability. You can download your nomination form online and submit your application via email.
Launched in 2010, the U.S. Water Prize seeks to recognize successful efforts in protecting and improving the health of our nation’s watersheds. Past winners include:
- • Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District
- • PepsiCo Frito-Lay
- • Philadelphia Water Department
- • Project WET Foundation
- • Salmon Falls Watershed Collaborative
- • San Francisco Public Utilities Commission
- • The City of Los Angeles
- • Milwaukee Water Council
- • National Great Rivers Research & Education Center
- • New York City Department of Environmental Protection
- • Pacific Institute
The U.S. Water Alliance created the U.S. Water Prize to encourage, celebrate and honor individuals and institutions that develop projects or programs that are innovative and have a clear impact on the advancement of water sustainability. Individuals, institutions and organizations whose project or initiative advances holistic, watershed-based approaches to water quality and quantity challenges may apply. Initiatives may be in education, public awareness, research, technology, water resource management or policy development as long as they address issues surrounding water as a finite, reusable and sustainable resource.
Three winners will be celebrated in a special ceremony held on Earth Day April 22, 2013 in Washington, D.C.
More like this
- U.S. Water Alliance Accepting 2014 Water Prize Nominations
- Clean Water America Alliance Accepting Nominations for 2012 US Water Prize
- Clean Water America Alliance Accepting Nominations for 2012 U.S. Water Prize
- U.S. Water Prize Program Winners Webinar Series: Clean Water Webinar
- Inspiring Sustainability