The Alliance for Water Efficiency (AWE) and ...
Variety of events will take place this week in honor of World Water Day
World Water Day is March 22. A variety of events will be taking place in Washington, D.C., and around the world this week to bring attention to global drinking water and sanitation issues.
• World Walks for Water, March 19 to 22: Thousands of people worldwide will participate in 6 km walks to bring attention to global water issues.
• UNICEF Tap Project, March 20 to 26: Participating restaurants in the Washington, D.C., area will encourage patrons to donate $1 for the tap water they usually get for free. Donations will go towards the UNICEF Tap Project.
• World Water Day Celebration, March 21: Water For People and Bartending 4 Change will partner to host their fourth annual happy hour to raise money. The event has $5 cover and there will be a random drawing for prizes.
• World Water Advocacy Day, March 23: Advocates will connect with members of Congress to encourage them to support water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) issues.
• GE Line Dance Competition, submissions due April 8: Submit a video to GE to help the company reach its goal of making the world’s longest line dance online and donate to charity: water. Each submission earns a chance to win a home appliance makeover.
For more information or to learn about even more events, visit www.waterday.com