Cortec Lab Achieves ISO/IEC Recertification
Cortec Corp.’s laboratory has been recertified to ISO/IEC 17025:2005, with a new scope of test protocols. This is the only laboratory in the industry that has this accreditation.
During the recertification process, the Laboratory Accreditation Bureau examined the lab's technical competence and specifically addressing factors relevant to a laboratory’s ability to consistently produce precise, accurate test data.
These criteria include:
- • Technical competency of staff;
- • Validity and appropriateness of the methods;
- • Traceability of measurements to national standards;
- • Suitability, calibration and maintenance of test equipment;
- • Handling of test items; and
- • Quality assurance of testing.