Clean Water America Alliance Releases Water Sustainability Principles
Fifty water leaders recently met to discuss and revise framework
The Clean Water America Alliance released Water Sustainability Principles for a National Policy Framework, available at www.CWAA.US. The principles were developed through several 2010 national dialogues and refined further by a recent meeting of 50 water leaders representing water associations from drinking water, wastewater, storm water, energy, research and other interests.
“Shrinking budgets and increasing demands are putting pressures on the water sector overall to embrace innovation, integration and collaboration like never before. Engaging water association leaders to discuss and revise the draft framework was a step toward unifying the voice for water,” said alliance President Ben Grumbles. “We will continue to take comments on the water sustainability principles and broaden the scope of its collaboration to all interested sectors and citizens from coast to coast.”
The Clean Water America Alliance’s goal is to collaborate on a flexible framework that highlights the value of water and the need for specific and sustainable actions.
More like this
- Clean Water America Alliance Hosts Urban Water Sustainability Leadership Conference
- Clean Water America Alliance Presents 2012 U.S. Water Prize to Six Organizations
- Clean Water America Alliance President Testifies About Financing Infrastructure
- Diverse Group to Discuss 'One Water' Management in Nation's Capital
- One Water Leadership Summit to Focus on Collaboration