China Launches Effort to Provide Safe Drinking Water to Rural Communities
China is launching a widespread campaign to ensure safe drinking water for the country's millions of rural residents currently suffering from water shortages and the lack of safe drinking water.
The Chinese news service Xinhuanet reported that the country will increase water supply construction projects and further popularize the use of tap water in rural areas between 2006 and 2010.
Currently, over 300 million people in rural areas do not have access to qualified drinking water. According to Xinhuanet, China aims to provide safe drinking water to all rural people by 2020.
More like this
- China Faces Water Shortage of 40 Billion Cubic Meters Every Year
- China Water Supply to Reach Limit in 2030 as Population Grows
- China Water Markets Invest US$87 Billion Focus on Water, Drinking Water
- HydroFlo Portfolio Company Customer Receives Letter of Intent for $210 Million Purchase
- China Pledges Clean Drinking Water for All Rural Residents by 2020