Canby, Ore., Awards Long-Term Partnership for Water Treatment Services to Veolia Water
Access to global water experience and expertise was the key driver in the Canby, Ore., Utility Board's unanimous approval of a 10-year, $6.5 million water services contract to Veolia Water North America - West LLC.
The public-private partnership calls for Veolia Water to manage the utility's water treatment system that serves approximately 15,000 people. The water treatment system includes a 6-mgd treatment plant, storage tanks, intake, sludge lagoons and related facilities.
“Our extensive service record and comprehensive facility management program convinced Canby Utility to select Veolia Water,” said Chibby Alloway, president, Veolia Water North America - West LLC. “Our customized operating plan developed for their system will ultimately lead to lower overall costs, greater asset life and improved reliability.”
Canby Utility General Manager Dirk Borges said, “Veolia Water's expertise and depth of resources will provide Canby's ratepayers tremendous value. This partnership gives us the ability to extract every benefit out of our systems while lowering our cost at the same time.”
More like this
- Gresham, Ore., Awards Long-term Partnership for Wastewater Treatment Services to Veolia Water
- Veolia Awarded Contract With New London, Conn.
- Veolia Water North America Appoints New Company Officers
- Gresham, Ore., and Veolia Water Recognized for Partnership
- Vancouver, Wash., Extends Veolia Water Wastewater Partnership for Five More Years