Bluewater Bio Intl. to Upgrade Tubli Wastewater Plant
Overhauls to the plant, which is the largest of its kind in Bahrain, will improve quality of effluent
Bluewater Bio Intl.—a global specialist in the treatment of wastewater—has executed a $20 million contract with the Ministry of Works of the Kingdom of Bahrain to upgrade and expand the Tubli wastewater treatment plant, which is the largest of its kind in the country.
Bluewater’s patented HYBACS biological treatment process will be installed to significantly improving the quality of the effluent of the plant as a whole. With the ongoing improvements to the sludge treatment facilities, the scheme will also prevent the excessive carry-over of sludge from the treatment plant into Tubli Bay. The Bahraini Ministry of Finance is funding the project.
Bluewater has executed the contract with the Ministry of Works through its joint venture—Bluewater Bio ZeroWaste Co. WLL—which it has established with its local partner, Zero Waste Holding WLL. The turnkey contract relates to the design, construction and operation of the upgraded plant including the manufacturing and installation of units.
More like this
- Bluewater Bio Intl. Installs Pilot Treatment Plant in Spain
- Bluewater Bio Acquires Water Innovate
- Bluewater Bio, Infilco Degremont to Market Wastewater Treatment Technology
- Bluewater Bio Secures Sale of its HYBACS Process in South Africa
- PURON® MBR at Ma’amir Sewage Treatment Plant Reaches 1-Year Milestone