Kansas City, Mo. – Black & Veatch, a global engineering, consulting and construction company, announced today it is leading a multinational study to evaluate optimal desalination facility design and operation for improving energy efficiency.
This project is funded by the Awwa Research Foundation (AwwaRF) and the California Energy Commission’s Public Interest Energy Research (PIER) program. The project is recommended by a Technology Roadmap developed by AwwaRF and the PIER program to address energy efficiency for water and wastewater utilities. The two organizations together have donated more than $2 million to fund projects from the Technology Roadmap.
The study is expected to be completed in early 2009.
More like this
- Black & Veatch Leading Florida Desalination Research Project
- Black & Veatch Awarded Contract to Lead AwwaRF Project
- BlackVeatch Awarded WTP Automation Research Contract by AwwaRF
- Black & Veatch and Thames Water Establish Best Practices for MRO of Granular Media Filters
- Black & Veatch Water Experts to Participate in Sessions and Workshops at AWWA ACE07