Plant expected to be in operation in 2012
Aquatech International Corp. was awarded a pretreatment system contract by Sandy Creek Power Partners, L.P. (Zachry Industrial, Inc./Overland Contracting, Inc./Gilbert Power Constructors Co.) for the 900-mw Sandy Creek Energy Station coal-fired super critical power plant in Texas. The engineer for Sandy Creek Power Partners, L.P. is Black & Veatch Corp.
Owners of the plant are Sandy Creek Energy Associates, LLC; Brazos Sandy Creek Electric Power Cooperative, Inc.; and Lower Colorado River Authority. They expect the plant to be in operation in 2012. Sandy Creek Energy Associates, LLC are a joint venture between LS Power and Dynegy.
Aquatech will be supplying a complete system consisting of two lime softening clarifiers each at 5250 gal per minute (gpm), three multimedia filters each at 750 gpm, lime feeders, chemical feed systems, sludge thickening and a sludge compaction system. The feedwater to the Sandy Creek Energy Station in Riesel, Texas, is gray water.
The treated water from the pretreatment system will be used as make up to cooling tower and for process use within the power plant.
More like this
- Aquatech Awarded Desalination Contract for India Power Project
- Aquatech Awarded Contract for California Power Plant
- Aquatech Provides Solution for Power Plant in Puerto Rico
- Aquatech Receives Second Project Award in Madagascar
- Aquatech to Provide Produced Water Evaporator System for Alberta Facility