American Water Funds 2010 Environmental Grant Programs
Company awards more than $128,000 to 32 community improvement projects
American Water Works Co., Inc., an investor-owned U.S. water and wastewater utility company, announced the recipients of the company’s 2010 Environmental Grant Program awards. A total of 32 projects throughout American Water’s service areas in eight states will be supported by grants totaling more than $128,000.
Established in 2005, American Water’s Environmental Grant Program offers funds for innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect the watersheds, surface water and/or groundwater supplies in the communities it serves.
“American Water is committed to ensuring water quality through testing and treatment, as well as through consumer education and community source protection programs,” said Debra Vernon, manager of corporate responsibility. “We are all environmental stewards in protecting our water supplies, and this program is one way we help communities play an active role in this important effort.”
More like this
- American Water Announces Environmental Grant Award Recipients
- Pennsylvania American Water Accepting Applications for Environmental Grant Program
- American Water Accepting Applications for 2013 Environmental Grant Program
- Kentucky American Water Now Accepting Applications for Environmental Grant Program
- Agriculture Secretary Announces Recovery Act Water System Improvement Projects