American Water Executives Expand Service in Missouri
Company officials purchased water and wastewater systems serving approximately 10,000 people in the state
American Water Works Co. Inc. officials announced Tuesday that Missouri American Water has completed the acquisition of 11 water systems and 59 wastewater systems in Missouri for approximately $3 million. The acquisition was part of an agreement with Aqua America Inc. executives.
Both companies commended the agreement as a way to strengthen operations in respective states, creating better economies of scale and providing additional opportunities for both companies to provide local customer service.
The acquisition brings an additional 1,600 water customers and 2,100 wastewater customers to the region. The acquisition was approved by the Missouri Public Service Commission, and the sale of American Water’s regulated water and wastewater systems in Texas is still pending upon the approval of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
More like this
- American Water and Aqua America Agree to Acquisitions in Texas and Missouri
- American Water Completes Acquisitions in Three States
- Aqua America Completes Acquisition of ALLETE's Water and Wastewater Utilities in North Carolina
- Philadelphia Suburban Awarded Another Regulatory Approval to Acquire Aquasource Properties
- Missouri American Water Acquires Loma Linda Water System