American Water Announces Environmental Grant Award Recipients
Winners receive more than $150,000 for community improvement projects
American Water Works Company Inc. announced last month the recipients of the company’s 2011 Environmental Grant Program awards. A total of 35 projects throughout American Water’s service areas in eight states will be supported by grants totaling more than $155,600.
Established in 2005, American Water’s Environmental Grant Program offers funds for innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect the watersheds, surface water and/or groundwater supplies in the communities it serves.
"Water resources are unique to each community, as are the local groups of concerned citizens that seek to restore and protect them,” American Water Manager Debra Vernon said. “Our state environmental grant programs have become an important resource for organizations seeking funding for projects that support stewardship of water resources in their local communities, and we value the opportunity to engage with and support them.”
2011 grant recipients include American Water operations in California, Illinois, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Indiana, New Jersey and Missouri.
More like this
- American Water Funds 2010 Environmental Grant Programs
- Kentucky American Water Now Accepting Applications for Environmental Grant Program
- Pennsylvania American Water Accepting Applications for Environmental Grant Program
- American Water Awards Grants to 54 Community Projects
- American Water Accepting Applications for 2013 Environmental Grant Program