2012 WWD Top Project Winners Announced
From June to August 2012, Water & Wastes Digest invited project managers to submit entries showcasing industry-specific projects in design or construction during the past 18 months. The editorial staff selected the winners based on the obstacles that were faced and overcome by all parties involved with the project, as well as final goals achieved and success met. While different in size and scope, the main objective of these projects remains the same: to meet population and regulatory demands, address aging infrastructure needs, and implement cost-efficient technologies and best practices.
Congratulations to the 2012 Top Project winners:
• Brucejack Mining Camp Project, Brucejack Lake, Knipple Glacier, British Columbia, Canada
• City of Oxnard Advanced Water Purification Facility Project, Oxnard, Calif.
• Doge City Water Reclamation Facility Beneficial Reuse Project, Dodge City, Kan.
• Leo J. Vander Lans Water Treatment Facility Expansion Project, Long Beach, Calif.
• Narragansett Bay Commission Field’s Point WWTF Wind Farm Energy Project, Providence, R.I.
• Pukalani Wastewater Reclamation Facility Project, Pukalani, Hawaii
• Two Bridges Sewerage Authority UV Disinfection Facilities Project, Lincoln Park, N.J.
• Tooele Water Reclamation Facility, Upgrade 1B Project, Tooele, Utah
• City of Weatherford Customer Service & Efficiency Improvement Project, Weatherford, Okla.
• Washington County Service Authority South Fork Intake & Middle Fork WTP Expansion Project,
Washington County, Va.
Look for a full description of each project winner in the December 2012 Reference Guide issue of
Water & Wastes Digest.