Tassal Tasmanian Salmon, an Australian salmon farming company, backed away from plans to dump treated wastewater from salmon pens into...
The Hydraulic Institute (HI) announced its 2005/2006 Board of Directors and officers during a general session of the annual meeting held recently in Tucson, Ariz.
Among the roster of key executives, Robert Parrin, executive vice president of Labor Pump Division, Indianapolis, Ill., will serve as board chairman; Albert Huber, president of Patterson Pump Company, Toccoa, Ga., will serve as president; Edwin Laprade, president, Industrial Units, Hamilton Sundstrand Corporation, Windsor Locks, Conn., will serve as vice president, technical affairs; and Tom Ferguson, president, Pump Division, Flowserve Pump Division, Irving, Texas, will serve as vice president, member services.
Additional members of the board include:
* Dr. Alan Boyce, president, Moyno, Inc., Springfield, Ohio.
* David Brockway, chief executive officer, Intelliquip, LLC, Dublin, Ohio.
* Richard Heppe, president, Fluid Systems, Emerson Motors/US Motors, St. Louis, Mo.
* David McKinstry, vice president, IMO Pump, Monroe, N.C.
* Dan Ross, president, Tuthill Pump Group, Alsip, Ill.
* Richard Steber, vice president and general manager, Gardner Denver Fluid Transfer Division, Tulsa, Okla.
* Trey Walters, president and chief technology officer, Applied Flow Technology, Woodland Park, Colo.
* Larry Wimmer, president, Grundfos Pump Corporation, Olathe, Kans.
The following past presidents will serve as ex-officio members: Pasquale DePalma, president, ITT Fluid Handling Division, Morton Grove, Ill.; Albert Huber, president of Patterson Pump Company, Toccoa, Ga.; Raymond Dunn, president, Weir Floway Pumps, Fresno, Calif.; and Robert Ayers, president, ITT Industries Fluid Technology, Upper Saddle River, N.J.
Robert K. Asdal, executive director of HI serves as secretary/treasurer and David S. Versfelt, Esq., Kirkpatrick & Lockhart LLP, New York City, serves as legal counsel.
The 88-year old Hydraulic Institute, the largest association of pump producers in North America, serves member companies and pump users by providing product standards, and forums for the exchange of industry information.