ZENON OBTAINS REPEAT CRUISE LINE ORDER
ZENON Environmental Inc. announced that it sold two additional water treatment systems to Holland America Lines Westours (HALW). The contract for the two systems is valued at approximately $5 million.
This marks the third order ZENON has received from HALW, bringing the total ships to five that will be using ZENON's patented ZenoGem® technology.
In light of recent landmark legislation in Alaska, all vessels sailing Alaskan waters must now undergo strict sampling and testing requirements for any wastewater discharged into the sensitive marine environment. This opens the door for other states and provinces to follow suit in the preservation of similar marine areas that require an environmentally friendly solution.
ZeeWeed® ultrafiltration immersed hollow-fibre membranes are the heart of ZENON's ZenoGem® membrane bioreactor. The membranes, under the application of a slight suction, allow clean water to pass to the inside of the membrane fibre, leaving biomass and suspended solids in the bioreactor. ZENON's system eliminates the discharge of normal black and gray water into any environmentally sensitive area.
More like this
- Zenon Cruises To Two More Orders
- Cruise Line Uses Zenon Technology for Cleaner Wastewater Discharge
- ZENON continues to make substantial gains in revenue and profit - 2001 Third Quarter
- ZeeWeed Technology Will Filter Water for Westchester Joint Water Works
- ZENON Technology to Provide Pure Water to Eastern Shoshone Tribe