Nordic Water received orders for DynaSand® filter equipment for the Dammam and Al Khobar Sewage Treatment Works in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia. Each contract comprises no less than 36 filter cells which will make Dammam and Al Khobar the world´s largest continuous backwash tertiary treatment plants.
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is located in one of the world´s most arid regions. The plants are part of an extensive program to conserve water for irrigation through reclamation and treatment. Some data (each plant) include
-Max. design flow rate 13 200 m3/ h
-Av. flow rate 6 800 m3/ h
-Total filter area abt. 1300 m2
-No. of filter modules 216
-No. of filter cells 36
-No. of modules per cell 6
The filters will produce an effluent with less than 5 ppm BOD and less than 5 ppm suspended solids.
Saudi construction firm Civil Works Co. is building the plants for end-user Ministry of Water Eastern Province Branch. The filter equipment for Dammam is scheduled to be installed in April 2004. The plant will go on stream in 2005. Al Khobar follows half a year later.
More like this
- Equipping the World’s Largest DynaSand Plant
- Siemens Water Technologies to Supply Produced Water Treatment System at Saudi Aramco’s Safaniya Plan
- GE Energy to Provide Complete Control System for Largest Power and Water Facility in the World
- Aquatech Awarded Order for Demineralizing Plant in Saudi Arabia
- Dow Adds Abunayyan Trading as Distributor of Filmtec for Saudi Arabia