WPCS International Inc., through its subsidiary companies, has announced it recently was awarded $3.2 million in contracts for wireless infrastructure services, general construction and specialty communication systems.
The new contracts awarded to WPCS include projects for the Atlantic City Housing Authority, Mahwah Police Department, Passaic Police Department, N.J. Department of Environmental Protection, Aero Ambulance, N.J. Motor Vehicle Commission, Sanchez Elementary School, Bardin Elementary School, the city of Colfax, Calif., and Six Flags Theme Park.
Also included in the awards is a larger scale wireless supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) project for the El Dorado Irrigation District located in California.
This project, which has a contract value of $1.4 million, will provide the El Dorado Irrigation District with additional drinking water capacity for its customers. The project consists of the installation of a new filter and pumping station controlled by a wireless SCADA system with numerous wireless access points and operator interfaces.
Also, there will be piping modifications and structural steel platforms. Once installed, the wireless SCADA system will allow the El Dorado Irrigation District to remotely control the filter and pumping station through the deployed wireless network, which represents a significant savings in time and resources.
More like this
- Wireless Communications to Install Automated Irrigation SCADA System in Saudi Arabia
- California Water District Deploys Wireless Mesh Network for SCADA Communications
- Encompassing the Advantages of a SCADA System
- Virginia Beach Department of Utilities Selects Citect for Water Utility Project
- Integrated Water Resources Earns DOE Mentor-Protege Team Award