Winnipeg Water Treatment Plant Takes Top Honors at ACEM Awards
Plant is designed for environmental sustainability and high performance
Each year, the Assn. of Consulting Engineers of Manitoba recognizes the best in engineering by Manitoba engineering companies. This year, the Winnipeg Water Treatment Plant Project received the Award of Excellence in the Municipal and Water Technology category.
In addition, the project received the prestigious Keystone Award, which is awarded to the project selected as the best overall project and that represents the program’s standards of excellence in engineering. The awards were given to the joint team of AECOM, CH2M HILL and the city of Winnipeg at the 2011 Awards of Excellence in Consulting Engineering gala.
The Winnipeg Water Treatment Plant is designed for environmental sustainability and high performance, and can be operated even during power outages. The water treatment processes include coagulation and flocculation, dissolved air flotation, ozonation, deep-bed biologically active carbon filtration, chlorination and UV disinfection. The design makes provision for future expansion to 600 MLD.
More like this
- Kamloops Centre For Water Quality First in Canada to Receive LEED Gold
- HRG’s Beneficial Reuse Project Wins National Award for Engineering Excellence
- CH2M HILL Receives Five Excellence in Environmental Engineering Awards from AAEE
- Iowa City Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion Wins Awards
- Wilson Creek Wastewater Plant Upgrade Cited in National Engineering Competition