The Western Carolina Regional Sewer Authority has received a Second Place National Award and a First Place Region 4 Award from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for its Biosolids Program.
The EPA established these awards programs to recognize significant contributions in the development and implementation of cost-effective, environmentally safe and publicly acceptable biosolids use programs. This is the second time that Western Carolina has received this prestigious award. In 1998, they received both first and second place awards for the overall operations of their program.
More like this
- National Wastewater Management Excellence Award Winners Announced
- California Sanitary District Recognized with First-Place Clean Water Act Award
- California City Receives Prestigious National Water Award
- EPA Recognizes Municipalities, Industries for Achievements in Wastewater Treatment
- Metro Wastewater Has “Grand Slam” Year in 2005