WEFTEC.08 to Offer Comprehensive Education Program
Program offers 31 workshops, 115 technical sessions and 10 facility tours
The Water Environment Federation's 81st Annual Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC) offers the most dynamic educational and training experience. Come to McCormick Place in Chicago Oct. 18 to 22 to gain access to the largest and most comprehensive water quality exhibition in North America.
The educational program offers 31 workshops, 115 technical sessions and 10 facility tours that will address the most timely issues in water and wastewater, including:
• Microconsituents—focusing on endocrine disrupting compounds (EDCs) to include research, effects on public health, regulations and methods of reduction;
• Membrane Technologies—application in wastewater and water reuse, innovations, enhanced performance and regulatory compliance;
• Plant Operations and Treatment—innovations, technologies, processes and proven solutions in water and wastewater treatment, including nutrient removal and odor control;
• Regulations—CMOM/SSO Rules, TMDL/Watershed Rules, nutrient trading and NPDES Phase II;
• Research—leading-edge process applications in water and wastewater treatment, and recent developments;
• Residuals Biosolids—incineration, disposal, reuse through land application, research, regulations, politics and public perception;
• Storm Water Collection Systems—management, operations maintenance, infrastructure, overflow reduction, wet weather planning, watershed approaches and regulations;
• Utility Management—asset management and financial planning for infrastructure, technology, regulatory compliance and security, including environmental management systems;
• Water Reuse/Recycling—research, regulations, emerging technologies and proven processes; and
• Water Quality Watershed Management—storm water, wet weather and watershed issues.