WEFTEC Special Sessions to Address Economic Issues
WEF has added three special sessions to the technical program
The Water Environment Federation (WEF) has added three special WEFTEC sessions on topics related to the ongoing economic crisis.
Scheduled for Monday, Oct. 12, “Meet the New Administration” (TS010) will feature senior-level speakers from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency who will discuss stimulus and other funding sources as well as new regulations and impacts to utility operations. On Tuesday, “The Future for Water Infrastructure Beyond the Stimulus Package (TS058) will focus on the shifting political landscape of infrastructure investment in the United States and on Wednesday, “Hard Conversations in Hard Times Using Simple Technology” (TS099) will provide an overview of how utilities can use Web 2.0 tools to better communicate with their communities in a difficult economic climate. Other educational opportunities related to the economic crunch include:
• Workshop 210: The New Deal: Capital Project Financing Under Constrained Credit Conditions;
• Technical Session 063: Solutions for Small Communities - Utilities of the Future: Serving Customers Through Distributed, Sustainable Infrastructure; and
• Technical Session 077: Making Ends Meet: Funding and Financing in Today's Economy.
The special sessions are part of a technical program that will feature 122 technical sessions and 31 workshops in 14 individual focus areas. In addition, WEFTEC’s exhibition¬¬ will provide access to the latest developments, research, regulations, solutions and cutting-edge technologies in the field.
WEFTEC.09 is scheduled for Oct. 10 to 14, 2009, at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando. The advanced registration deadline is Sept. 11, 2009. Please visit www.weftec.org to register and to get the latest conference details.
More like this
- Black & Veatch Launches Second-Annual Roundtable Series at WEFTEC
- WEFTEC.08 to Offer Comprehensive Education Program
- Water Environment Federation Announces 2008 WEF Excellence Award Recipients
- Water Environment Federation Offers Online Education Opportunities
- WEF Hosts Second Webcast on Economic Stimulus Funding