WaterHealth International Inc. announced that ICICI Bank has committed to fund the company’s development of community water facilities in Rural India.
WaterHealth is a US-based, health-focused developer and manufacturer of water purification and disinfection technology.
The Business Standard reported that the bank will provide approximately $8,650,000 to WHI’s Indian subsidiary, WaterHealth India Private Limited, as a commercial loan facility.
Tralance Addy, president and CEO of WHI, stated at a press conference that the fund would be used to provide potable water for low-income rural communities in India.
The company is also working with the Naandi Foundation to spread awareness about the importance of safe drinking water.
More like this
- WaterHealth International Receives New Funding Totaling $1.8 Million
- Dow Venture Capital Invests in WaterHealth International
- Corporate Accountability International Challenges Corporations That Threaten Water Resources
- WQA Indian Task Force Now Active
- Krieger Donates Water, Medical Supplies to Tsunami Survivors