WaterHealth to Create Water Facilities in Rural India
WaterHealth International Inc. announced that ICICI Bank has committed to fund the company’s development of community water facilities in Rural India.
WaterHealth is a US-based, health-focused developer and manufacturer of water purification and disinfection technology.
The Business Standard reported that the bank will provide approximately $8,650,000 to WHI’s Indian subsidiary, WaterHealth India Private Limited, as a commercial loan facility.
Tralance Addy, president and CEO of WHI, stated at a press conference that the fund would be used to provide potable water for low-income rural communities in India.
The company is also working with the Naandi Foundation to spread awareness about the importance of safe drinking water.
More like this
- WaterHealth International Receives New Funding Totaling $1.8 Million
- Dow Venture Capital Invests in WaterHealth International
- Corporate Accountability International Challenges Corporations That Threaten Water Resources
- WQA Indian Task Force Now Active
- Krieger Donates Water, Medical Supplies to Tsunami Survivors