Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Named Finalist in National Contest
Chance to Win Trip from Cintas & Carhartt
Wastewater treatment plant operator, Brooke Boyer from Mt. Shasta, Calif., is one of 10 finalists in the national "Cintas & Carhartt Cold Crew" contest. Voting will take place through March 31 at the official contest website, and one grand-prize winner will be selected based on the public’s votes.
“Coming to work at 7 a.m. when it’s 14 degrees Fahrenheit can be quite challenging when your shoes are freezing to the concrete,” said Boyer of the northern California weather. She spends a good deal of time outside maintaining and collecting samples and she credits Carhartt bibs for keeping her warm.
Cintas Corporation and Carhartt launched the "Cintas & Carhartt Cold Crew" contest last December in conjunction with the release of the new Carhartt Rental Active Jacket. The contest targets workers in the U.S. and Canada whose jobs require them to withstand tough conditions in cold temperatures. These individuals were encouraged to share their stories and photos and explain why Carhartt workwear is essential to their jobs.
“This contest is a great reflection of the character of our companies,” says Chuck Helmes, director of garment strategy at Cintas Corporation. “Both Carhartt and Cintas are known for providing tough, durable products and quality, dependable service and we want to recognize the workers who reflect those same characteristics.”
The Cintas & Carhartt Cold Crew grand-prize winner will receive an all-expenses-paid trip for two to the 2012 STIHL TIMBERSPORTS series in June, and the top three finalists will receive free Carhartt merchandise.
The other nine finalists are:
· Morgan Archibald, a line clearance tree trimmer foreman from Salt Lake City
· Stephen Deschenes, an operations manager and boat captain from Boston
· Trevor Pearce, a general contractor from Calgary, AB, Canada
· Travis Goodrich, a hay processing plant supervisor from Saint Helens, Ore.
· Ryan Kopicky, a landscape supervisor from Williams, Ariz.
· Jesse Madrigal, a driller from Elko, Nev.
· Aaron Manning, a mining welder from Acheson, AB, Canada
· Thomas Miller, a well site geologist from Houston, Texas
· Jeffrey Musselman, a merchant mariner from Kings Point, N.Y.