Plant received accolade for outstanding achievements in the water environment field
California Water Environment Assn. officials recently awarded the Lincoln, Calif., Wastewater Treatment and Reclamation Facility with the Small Plant Safety Award. Presented at the organization’s annual conference, the award seeks to recognize outstanding achievements within the water environment field and stimulate public awareness regarding the importance of wastewater treatment to public health and the water environment.
As the prime operational and design consultant for the facility, members of Stantec’s Rocklin—a water and wastewater engineering team— accepted the award.
In addition to being recognized as one of the safest plants of its size in the state, the facility is the first of its design to achieve all of the requirements of the Sacramento River and San Joaquin River Basin Plan and California Toxics Rule for removal of dissolved metals and other contaminants. This honor is the most recent in a series of awards given to the facility, including the 2006 Safety Award and the 2009 Plant of the Year.
More like this
- SouthWest Water Co. Wins Five CWEA Awards
- Environmental Management Corp. Wins Three Safety Awards
- P&P Partnership for Wastewater Services Receives Honors from National/State Water Groups
- Veolia Water North America Announces National OpEx Award Winners
- Leominster, Mass., Treatment Plant Recognized for Excellence in Environmental Safety