Vulnerability Assessment for Small and Medium Water and Wastewater Utilities Seminar
The Risk Assessment Methodology (RAM-W) training, the gold standard in vulnerability assessment training, is available to small and medium-size water and wastewater utilities. Hundreds of utilities have used the RAM-W to assess their risks and improve their security. The RAM-W is especially tailored for utilities serving less than 100,000.*
The RAM-W was developed through a partnership between the AWWA Research Foundation, Sandia National Laboratories and the U.S. EPA and included utility input. This two-day seminar goes beyond the fill-in-the-blank approach and provides hands-on training to enable you to
* Plan and prioritize for your assessment
* Identify threats to your utility
* Identify facilities and assets that need to be protected
* Understand the consequences of the loss of an asset
* Evaluate the effectiveness of your system in preventing an attack
* Assess your risks
* Develop a plan to reduce risk through operational changes
More than 1,100 water and wastewater professionals have relied upon AWWA for their vulnerability assessment training. These new seminars will be held around the country for your convenience at the following time and locations.
-July 89, Denver, Colo.
-July 1516, Baltimore, Md.
-July 2930, Cincinnati, Ohio
-August 56, Garden Grove (Anaheim), Calif.
-August 121, Charleston, S.C.
*Though not finalized, under the Wastewater Treatment Works Security Act, wastewater systems will have to certify to USEPA that they have completed a vulnerability assessment as a condition to grant funds, if the grant funds are appropriated.
More like this
- Haestad Methods Leads the Nation to Safer Water with RAM-W(SM) Training
- Haestad Methods Selected to Train Water Utilities on Risk Assessments, Security
- AWWA Offers Free VA Seminars for Utilities
- Weston to Provide Vulnerability Assessments, Security Services for the Nation's Water Systems
- Former FBI Counter-Terrorism Expert Receives License to Assess Risk to Nation's Utilities