Veolia Water, the water division of Veolia Environment, signed a new contract for outsourcing services in China in partnership with the municipal utility Qingdao Drainage Co., and the Everbright Group.
The 25-year public-private partnership covers the operation of two wastewater plants in the city of Qingdao and represents cumulative revenue over the period of €110 million for Veolia Water.
The contract also includes work to improve the performance of both plants, and to raise the treatment capacity of one of them. The capacity of the Maidao plant will be increased from 80,000 cubic meters per day to 140,000 cubic meters per day in two years. Veolia Water’s financial contribution to this operation will be €3.5 million. In addition, the posts of 180 current employees will be maintained.
More like this
- Veolia Announces Two New Municipal Outsourcing Contracts
- Veolia Awarded $33 Million Kentucky Contract
- Veolia Water Wins New Wastewater Contract in Japan
- Veolia Water Wins Water Management Contract in South China
- Richmond Expands Partnership for Wastewater Services to include Collection and Stormwater Systems