Water management contract in the Czech Republic
Veolia Water, the Water Division of Veolia Environment, has just won a municipal outsourcing contract awarded by the Kladno-Melnik Water Company, located in Central Bohemia. This contract covers the production and distribution of drinking water, customer relations and the collection and treatment of wastewater. It has been signed for a term of 20 years, renewable for 20 years, and represents a total revenue of more then 600 million euros over the total period.
The Kladno-Melnik Water Company serves some 240,000 people living in Central Bohemia, spread across more than 180 cities, 80,000 of which live in Kladno and 20,000 in Melnik. The Water Company employs 465 staff.
"This contract consolidates our presence in Bohemia. In fact, thanks to its geographical location between our two biggest Czech water companies PVK (Prague Water Company) and ScVK (North Bohemia Water Company) we will be able to gain immediate benefit from the effect of synergy."
Veolia Water is the leader of Czech Republic's markets for municipal and industrial water services. The company now manages water services covering 3,850,000 people.
More like this
- International Water Gets Czech Contract
- Veolia Water Wins Water Management Contract Worth More Than 8.5 Billion Euros
- Veolia Water Awarded the Wastewater Management Contract of the Town of Salgotarjan in Hungary
- Veolia Water Selected to Help Alleviate Australian Drought
- Brockton, Ontario, Awards Partnership for Water and Wastewater Treatment Services