Three-Year Contract Has a Projected Value of $20-25 Million to URS
URS Corporation has been awarded a new contract to provide environmental remediation services to Ashland, Inc. Under the terms of the contract, which builds on URS' 13-year relationship with Ashland, a substantial amount of Ashland's environmental remediation work will be provided by URS. The three-year contract has a projected value to URS of $20 to $25 million.
The alliance between URS and Ashland, Inc., will leverage an existing remediation agreement between URS and DuPont. Both Ashland and DuPont expect to realize cost efficiencies through Ashland's use of the same URS team that currently performs DuPont's remediation work.
Commenting on the contract, Martin M. Koffel, URS Chairman and CEO, said, "We are very pleased to expand our established remediation partnership with DuPont to include another longstanding client, Ashland, Inc. This contract demonstrates our commitment to building strong, long-term relationships with our clients, and it should allow all three companies to improve profitability by sharing resources and taking advantage of other cost efficiencies."
More like this
- GE Recognizes DuPont for Improving Environmental Sustainability in the Netherlands
- EPA Pledges Support for Pompton Lakes Community
- 31 Companies Settle with EPA to Fund Study of Lower Passaic River
- Ashland, Ky., to Employ CASS WORKS
- Dupont Will Not to Participate in U.S. Army’s VX Wastewater Proposal