Research focuses on mixed oxidants
University of North Carolina researchers Sara Rodriguez-Mozaz, Howard S. Weinberg, Ana M. Saenz de Jubera and Alison C. Sykes authored the research poster entitled “Novel Strategies for the Characterization of Mixed-Oxidant Solutions for Drinking Water Disinfection,” which won first place in the Water Science & Research Best Poster competition at the AWWA ACE 2008 tradeshow in Atlanta.
The authors’ research focuses on mixed oxidants, the onsite generated disinfectant that demonstrates greater efficacy in Cryptosporidium parvum inactivation, as well as inhibition of biofilm formation and lower DBP levels than traditional chlorine. Selection criteria for the award included: quality of the research, significance of the research with respect to water supply and treatment as well as presentation skills.
More like this
- HDR Water, Wastewater Professionals Scheduled to Participate in WEFTEC
- Stewardship of Drinking Water Quality
- SolarBee THM Removal System Selected for ACE11 New Product Technology Showcase
- USFILTER PRESENTING RESEARCH AT AWWA'S WATER QUALITY AND TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE
- WQA Aquatech USA 2010 to Highlight How Industry is Being Reinvented