Toray will supply TM820-400 elements to produce potable water, which will be sent 37 inland to Trekkopje, Namibia
Toray Membrane USA, Inc., has announced the award of a purchase order to supply seawater reverse osmosis elements to Keyplan for a uranium project in Trekkopje, Namibia, for their client Uramin Namibia.
Keyplan based their selection of Toray products on both technical and economic criteria. The 55,000 m3/day plant will utilize Toray TM820-400 elements to produce potable water.
The potable water will be pumped approximately 37 miles inland to Uramin’s Trekkopje open cast uranium mine.
Keyplan is a leading desalination company in Southern Africa with experience in the treatment of industrial effluents, mine water and most recently, desalination of acidic coal mine effluents with recoveries exceeding 97%.
More like this
- Toray Provides RO Membranes for Two Chinese Desalination Plants
- Toray to Supply Reverse Osmosis Membrane for a Large-Scale Wastewater Plant in Singapore
- Collier County Chooses Toray for their Brackish Water Treatment Needs
- Toray Wins Order to Supply RO Membranes to Magtaa, Algeria, Plant
- Toray Wins RO Membrane Orders From Arabian Gulf Desalination Plants