Company contributing monetary donations and supplies
Thompson Pump & Manufacturing Co., Inc., a manufacturer and provider of pumps, pumping equipment and engineering expertise, is aiding disaster relief efforts in Haiti with company-wide monetary donations and supplies.
The pumps are being made available to the U.S. government and its aid agencies, which are aiding in the relief effort on the Caribbean island.
Donations have been critical in helping the victims of this devastating earthquake disaster and future support will be essential to rebuild the basic infrastructure and housing that was destroyed.
The contribution to the aid effort follows a series of other Thompson Pump donations in recent years to other parts of the world hit by natural disasters, including the 2005 Hurricane Katrina in the Gulf Coast of the United States, when over 50 pumps and a team of responders were sent from the company’s headquarters in Port Orange, Fla.
“Thompson Pump joins the world in prayer for those affected by the devastation in Haiti,” said Bill Thompson, president, Thompson Pump. “We are saddened by the significant devastation to individuals, residences, businesses and entire communities.”
More like this
- AWWA Encourages Haiti Assistance
- Anheuser-Busch Launches Nationwide Hurricane Relief Program
- ITT, Mercy Corps Collaborate to Provide Safe Water, Sanitation to Haiti
- ITT Industries will Donate Clean Water Equipment and Funds to Tsunami Survivors
- Thompson Pump Emergency Response Team Fights Gulf Oil Spill