Technical Highlights From WEFTEC.12
Last week Water & Wastes Digest’s editorial team traveled to New Orleans for the Water Environment Federation’s 85th Annual Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC.12).
The three-day exhibit filled the halls with a plethora of the latest practices and technical solutions. An estimated 923 exhibitors occupied more than 285,000 net sq ft of space at the New Orleans Memorial Convention Center.
The editorial team saw countless new technical solutions unveiled at the show, including:
- • Schneider Electric announced additions to its Modicon line of automation control solutions to boost performance and maximize operational efficiencies.
- • Xylem unveiled a number of wastewater pumping and treatment solutions, including the Flygt Slimline propeller pumps and the Flygt APP 800 pump control system, Wedeco Duron open channel UV disinfection system and Santitaire BioLoop oxidation ditch.
- • Grundfos released a channel impeller, the S-tube, offering hydraulic efficiency without compromising free passage.
- • ADS LLC released its IntelliServe II, a new software platform designed to provide Web-based data collection and analysis for collection system managers with temporary or permanent environmental data metering, especially in wastewater flow metering networks.
- • Godwin released its Heidra 150NC pumps, self-contained hydraulic submersible pumps ready to go anywhere and operate in the toughest conditions. With Flygt N-technology, they offer the ability to pass stringy and fibrous solids through their impeller without clogging.
- • Nidec introduced its new U.S. Motors-brand line of inverter duty vertical motors, which include a bearing protection system. This is the first vertical motor of its kind to include a shaft ground ring.