URS Selected to Support Storm Water Management System at New Mexico Mine
The project's estimated completion date is December 2014
URS Corp. has been awarded a contract by Chevron Mining Inc. to design, construct and commission a storm water management system for the Questa molybdenum mine in Questa, New Mexico.
The project consists of developing a system to manage storm water for the Questa mine’s operational life. Project components include lined catchments, modified benches and concrete rundowns for storm water conveyance, and pump and pipeline facilities to deliver the water to a proposed treatment plant. The anticipated completion date is December 2014.
Commenting on the contract, Greg Therrien, general manager for URS’ Civil Construction & Mining Group, said: “URS has performed services at the Questa site for more than 10 years. This award represents an extension of that relationship, and we are pleased to have the opportunity to build upon this relationship.”
More like this
- Sutron US-Mexico Water Resource Project Win Totals $537,625
- URS Awarded $90M Environmental Contract with Dow Chemical
- ITT Launches Comprehensive New Website for Mining Industry
- El Paso Water Utilities to Utilize enQuesta Customer Information Systems
- Atlanta Department of Watershed Management Goes Live with enQuesta Mobile