American Water Receives 18 National Awards
Honored by the Partnership for Safe Water for excellence in water quality
American Water, a publicly traded water and wastewater utility company, is proud to announce the receipt of 18 Directors Awards of Recognition from the Partnership for Safe Water. Fifteen plants received awards for maintaining Phase III certification for ten years, two plants received awards for maintaining Phase III certification for five years, and one plant was presented with its first Directors Award for Phase III certification.
The partnership is a voluntary initiative developed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and other water organizations to recognize water suppliers that consistently achieve water treatment standards that surpass EPA regulatory requirements. The awards were presented during the 2012 American Water Works Assn. Annual Conference in Dallas.
"These awards reflect our commitment to delivering high quality water to our customers," said Jeff Sterba, president and chief executive officer. "We're pleased to achieve this national recognition from the partnership as a testament to our employees’ expertise and dedication to excellence."
The following American Water treatment plants were recognized in 2012 for maintaining the Phase III Directors Award status for ten years:
Illinois American Water
- -Granite City Water Treatment Plant in Granite City, Ill., part of the company’s Interurban (Metro East) service district.
Indiana American Water
- -Borman Park Water Treatment Facility in Gary, Ind., part of the company's Northwest Indiana Operations
- -Kokomo Water Treatment Plant in Kokomo, Ind.
- -Ogden Dunes Water Treatment Plant in Ogden Dunes, Ind., part of the company's Northwest Indiana Operations
- -Richmond Main Station Plant in Richmond, Ind.
- -Middle Fork Water Treatment Plant in Richmond, Ind.
Missouri American Water
- -Meramec Plant in South St. Louis County, Mo.
- -North Plant in City of Florissant, Mo.
- -South Plant in City of Sunset Hills, Mo.
- -Joplin Blendville Water Treatment Facility in Joplin, Mo.
New Jersey American Water
- -Canal Road Water Treatment Plant in Somerset, N.J.
- -Swimming River Water Treatment Plant in Colts Neck, N.J.
West Virginia American Water
- -Bluestone Water Treatment Plant in True, W.Va.
- -Gassaway Water Treatment Plant in Gassaway, W.Va.
- -West Fork Regional Water Treatment Plant in Weston, W.Va.
The following American Water treatment plants were recognized in 2012 for maintaining the Phase III Directors Award status for five years:
West Virginia American Water
- -Montgomery Water Treatment Plant in Montgomery, W.Va.
- -New River Regional Water Treatment Plant in Beckwith, W.Va.
The following American Water treatment plant received the Phase III Directors Award of Recognition in 2012:
Pennsylvania American Water
- -West Shore Regional Water Treatment Plant in New Cumberland, Pa.
More like this
- American Water Receives 10 National Awards for Water Quality
- American Water Receives National Awards for Excellence in Water Quality
- American Water Receives National Awards For Water Quality Excellence
- American Water Receives National Awards
- American Water Receives Four National Water Quality Awards