RJN to Implement Sewer System Improvements in Wilmette, Ill.
Company will complete improvements recommended in a 2012 study
Following a hydraulic model study of the village of Wilmette, Ill.’s sanitary sewer system that was performed by RJN Group Inc. in 2012, the Village has again enlisted RJN’s services for the implementation of the first in a series of capital improvements that were recommended from the 2012 study.
The services that RJN will provide in Phase I of the capital improvements program include:
- • Design and reconstruction of an 18-in. diameter back pitched sewer segment;
- • Design of local storage in two locations;
- • Inspection and rehabilitation design of 648 manholes;
- • Evaluation of the connection to the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago interceptor on the west side of the village, including options for storage and wet-weather pump-over; and
- • Flow monitoring at targeted locations
These capital projects will help in improving the performance of the village’s separate sewer system by alleviating sewer backups during intense rain events.