Severn Trent Services Selects EMIT Water Discharge Technology for its Environmental Leadership Allia
EMIT Water Discharge Technology LLC was selected to receive the Severn Trent Services Environmental Leadership Alliance Award. The award will be presented to EMIT in Sheridan, Wyo. on March 22, to recognize their use of Severn Trent's Higgins Loop Continuous Countercurrent Ion EXchange (CCIX) system to purify byproduct water produced during the production of coal bed natural gas. Through this collaboration, EMIT is helping to conserve precious water resources by recycling and reusing water that meets federal purity standards.
Severn Trent established the Environmental Leadership Alliance program to acknowledge a select group of clients who have worked in collaboration with the company and, as a result, achieved economic savings as well as environmental conservation.
Federal and state water regulations prohibit the discharge of the untreated coal bed natural gas byproduct water into the environment or its use for irrigation due to its high salt content. Since chemical treatment of byproduct water can be economically prohibitive, EMIT looked at safe, affordable treatment alternatives to meet regulatory standards. The patented Higgins Loop system utilizes I-X resins in a highly efficient resin-contacting system to remove sodium from the water, lowering its pH balance and reducing bicarbonate levels, making the water safe for reintroduction to the environment. The byproduct water, which once was an environmental problem, now is being reused by ranchers for irrigation and watering cattle.
More like this
- EMIT Uses Severn Trent’s Higgins Loop Ion EXchange System for CBNG Water Purification
- Eastern Municipal Water District Selected to Receive Environmental Leadership Alliance Award
- Severn Trent Selects Riverwood in Port Charlotte, Fla., for Environmental Leadership Alliance Award
- Severn Trent Services Receives Disinfection Systems Technology Leadership Award
- Pa. Pollution Control Center to Receive National, State Safety Awards