Severn Trent Services to Provide Arsenic Removal Technology for San Bernardino, Calif.
The SORB 33 arsenic removal technology and Bayoxide E33 arsenic removal media from Severn Trent Services have been selected for use at a 3,000 gpm water treatment facility in the San Bernardino, Calif. area. At the facility, the total arsenic in the groundwater has been measured in the range of 18 to 22 ppb compared to the new U.S. Environmental Protection Agency standard of 10 ppb. This will be one of the largest arsenic removal facilities in California.
Severn Trent Services was awarded the contract for the system by Earth Tech, a global provider of engineering, construction and operations services to the water and wastewater industry. Pacific Hydratech, a company that provides construction services for the water and oil refining industries, will be the general contractor.
Earth Tech evaluated several technologies before selecting SORB 33 and Bayoxide E33 including: microfiltration; ultrafiltration; nanofiltration; reverse osmosis; electro dialysis reversal; permeable reactive barriers; electro kinetic; phytoremediation; and biological treatment.
Severn Trent Services developed the SORB 33 process to reduce arsenic contamination across a range of water treatment application sizes, and the technology has been commercially proven to effectively and economically meet the stringent new EPA standards for maximum arsenic contaminant levels. Bayoxide E33 is a dry, robust, granular ferric oxide media designed with a high capacity for arsenic, providing long operating cycles and low operating costs.
More like this
- French Ministry of Health and Solidarity Approves Arsenic Removal Technology from Severn Trent
- Severn Trent Provides Arsenic Removal Technology for Sharpe Army Depot in California
- Suburban Philadelphia Facility Installs Arsenic Removal Technology from Severn Trent
- Severn Trent Awarded Contract for Arsenic Removal in San Bernardino, Calif.
- Severn Trent Services to Provide Arsenic Removal Technology for Hilltown Township, Pa.