Severn Trent Services to Host Conference on Evaluating Arsenic Removal Solutions
Severn Trent Services is sponsoring a free half-day seminar on arsenic removal solutions on June 18 at the Anaheim Marriott in Anaheim, Calif. The seminar, Evaluating Arsenic Removal Solutions in California, is designed to facilitate discussion and provide the public with information on state-of-the-art arsenic treatment technologies.
The conference will be held from 1:00 - 5:30 p.m., followed by a cocktail reception. It is the third in a series of seminars organized within the Southwest region by Severn Trent and co-sponsor, Virginia Polytechnic Institute.
Identifying cost-effective and commercially-proven methods for arsenic removal technologies is a growing concern to many municipalities in the Southwest. With a January 2006 implementation date quickly approaching, many municipalities must make provisions for meeting a new federal maximum contaminant level (MCL) of 10 ppb in drinking water.
The seminar offers public works professionals, state officials, technical experts and others the opportunity to participate in a detailed review of this pressing public safety concern. Seminar topics include arsenic chemistry, arsenic removal treatment options, pilot testing, and full scale design and installation. Speakers include:
· Dr. Marc Edwards, Virginia Polytechnic Institute
· Jonathan Clement, Black and Veatch
· Holly Shorney, Black and Veatch
· Jeff Szytel, HDR Engineering Inc.
· Michelle De Haan, Damon S. Williams Associates
· Greg Gilles, Adedge Technologies Inc.
· Rich Dennis, Severn Trent Services
· Tom Carmody, Severn Trent Services
Seating for the conference is limited. To download a registration form, go to www.severntrentservices.com/whats_new. For registration information, contact Severn Trent Services at 215.997.3733 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Severn Trent Services (www.severntrentservices.com), based in Fort Washington, Pa., is a leading supplier of water and wastewater treatment solutions. The company's broad range of products and services is concentrated around disinfection and filtration technologies, pipeline analysis, rehabilitation and repair services, contract operating services, and state-of-the-art residential metering products.
More like this
- Severn Trent to Host Conference in California on Evaluating Arsenic Removal
- Severn Trent Services
- Louisiana Meets New Security Requirements with Quick Test to Monitor Chemical Profile at Plants, Water Sources
- Arsenic Removal in Arizona Conference Scheduled for April
- Pa. Pollution Control Center to Receive National, State Safety Awards