Severn Trent Appoints Western Arsenic Sales Manager
Severn Trent appointed Dennis J. Bitter to the newly created position of western arsenic sales manager. Bitter joins Severn Trent with an extensive background and experience in sales, marketing and management in the municipal and industrial water and wastewater treatment markets.
In this position, Bitter will be directly responsible for all of Severn Trent's arsenic-related sales, marketing and business development activities within the western and southwestern U.S. states. Bitter, who has spent the last eight years as the western regional director for Calgon Carbon Corp., brings a strong history of process separation experience and technical competency to his position at Severn Trent. Bitter has an undergraduate degree from the University of Illinois and holds a Master of Business Administration.
Bitter's appointment is a key part of Severn Trent's strategy to address the need to remove arsenic from drinking water.
U.S. water systems must identify and implement cost-effective and commercially proven treatment solutions in order to comply with the USEPA's arsenic reduction rule, which requires arsenic levels to be reduced to 10 parts per billion by January 2006.
With just over two years left until the compliance deadline, water systems are encouraged to begin their search for a suitable treatment solution today- since, lab, field, and pilot testing can take up to two years to complete.
Severn Trent is currently providing technology for use at more than 20 U.S. pilot programs and will also supply arsenic removal technology for 6 of the 12 demonstration sites in Phase One of the EPA's National Arsenic Treatment Demonstration Project.
More like this
- Severn Trent Services Appoints Dennis Bitter as North American Sales Manager for Arsenic Treatment P
- Severn Trent Appoints North American Municipal Sales Director for Water Purification Group
- Severn Trent Appoints Greg Gaffney Midwestern Regional Sales Manager for Water Purification Group
- Severn Trent Services Appoints VP of Operations, Operating Services
- Severn Trent Services Appoints Water Purification Chief Operating Officer