RJN Group Conducts I & I Study for Village in Illinois
Village was experiencing large wastewater volumes during rain events
RJN Group Inc. recently completed a major inflow and infiltration (I & I) study of the wastewater collection system in Roxana, Ill., and created a storm sewer map.
Roxana was experiencing a large volume of wastewater in the collection system during rain events causing overload to the system. The study’s purpose was to identify areas of the sewer system where rainwater was leaking into the sewers and to determine if there were unauthorized connections to the sewer system.
RJN inspected 99 manholes, 29,489 ft of sewer line (106 individual segments) and dye-tested suspected driveway drains and downspouts. All work was performed in the residential and commercial area of town. No testing was done at the local refineries.
RJN was able to create the storm sewer map by surveying GPS locations of inlets and sanitary manholes and loading the data into Roxana’s geographic information system.
The project lasted three months and was completed on time and within budget.
More like this
- RJN Group Conducts I & I Study for Village in Illinois
- RJN to Implement Sewer System Improvements in Wilmette, Ill.
- RJN Group To Provide Services to the Village of Arlington Heights
- Company Provides Flow Monitoring Services to Des Plaines, Ill.
- Illinois County Seeks Better Understanding of Incoming Sanitary Flows