Texas Utility Enters Public-Private Partnership with Severn Trent Services
Severn Trent Services will provide water and wastewater operations and maintenance services to Horizon Regional Municipal Utility District
Horizon Regional Municipal Utility District (HRMUD) in Horizon City, Texas has selected Severn Trent Services to provide contract management, operations and maintenance services for the district’s water and wastewater systems through a public-private partnership. Severn Trent will also provide meter reading, customer service and billing for the district.
Located in east El Paso County, Texas, HRMUD currently serves approximately 9,183 customers over 100,000 acres, primarily in the Horizon City area.
The HRMUD water treatment plant uses reverse osmosis filtration technology and has a “Superior Water System” rating with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality. The plant has a treatment capacity of up to 8 million gal per day (mgd), while the wastewater treatment plant has a capacity of 3 mgd.
More like this
- Mississippi Utility Assn. Enters Partnership with Severn Trent Services
- Bridgeport, Conn., Enters Wastewater Partnership
- Severn Trent Services Wins Contracts with Oklahoma Municipalities
- Severn Trent Services President Named President of Water
- Severn Trent Services Acquires Operating Contracts from SouthWest Water