GE, AECI Create Alliance to Distribute Water Treatment Products in Africa
Agreement will leverage GE's advanced technologies and ImproChem's local expertise to serve African water market
GE announced that ImproChem Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of AECI, will distribute GE's water and chemical process technologies, monitoring solutions, and water and process equipment systems in Africa.
The distribution agreement will leverage GE's advanced technologies and ImproChem's local expertise to create greater access to innovative water solutions in the African market.
The distribution agreement covers South Africa, Angola, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Reunion, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique.
GE and ImproChem also have entered into a memorandum of understanding to explore the further business opportunities to better serve customers throughout Africa.
"The signing of the distribution agreement for Africa will strengthen both GE and ImproChem's presence in water and process chemicals and equipment systems market," ImproChem Managing Director Louis du Toit said in a press release. "Customers in the region can only benefit from the new water equipment and chemical technologies they now can access."
More like this
- Global Alliance Brings Water Technology to Pulp & Paper Industry
- GE, WIBAX Energy Form Strategic Alliance
- GE Technology Plays Critical Role in Opening of World's Largest Potable Ultrafiltration Plant
- General Electric to Acquire Ionics
- GE Infrastructure Water & Process Technologies Hosts Process Treatment Summit