Public Invited to Tour San Diego Water Purification Demonstration Project
City studying feasibility of purifying wastewater for drinking water
The city of San Diego has opened its Water Purification Demonstration Project for public tours. Members of the public will be able to learn about and see firsthand the new advanced water purification facility that was built at the North City Water Reclamation Plant. This demonstration-scale project is testing the feasibility of providing safe and reliable drinking water from recycled water.
Following an introductory presentation, guides will lead a walking tour through the facility. Guests will see up close the advanced purification process that involves three consecutive steps, including membrane filtration, reverse osmosis, and UV disinfection and advanced oxidation processes. At the end of the tour, guests can view the purified water produced at the facility and will have a chance to compare it to drinking water and recycled water samples.
More like this
- Purifying Recycled Water: A Study
- San Diego Public Utilities Department Wins Public Affairs Award
- San Diego Utilities Department Wins Public Communications Award
- San Diego Public Utilities Department Wins Outreach Award
- San Diego Water Purification Demonstration Project Receives 2012 Small Project of the Year