Water Management Group, Inc., has supplied a low-cost, membrane process system for Shasta Corporation's Miami bottling facility for the purpose of recovering thousands of gallons of process water that would otherwise be discharged to the city sewer system. The Miami Bottling facility had been exceeding its permittable discharge limits and, as a result, been paying thousands of dollars in fees to the Miami-Dade Sewer Authority.
The Water Management Group (WMG) "reuse" system is designed to recover approximately 75% of previously treated water used for bottling soft drinks and bottled water products. For this facility, the cost of the equipment will be repaid in less than a year due to the cash savings that would have otherwise been spent on discharge fees.
Additional savings come from the reuse of the product water from the WMG reuse system. The water quality produced by the WMG system is so good that it is reused in the facility in several ways resulting in additional savings for Shasta.
"The system is working well and dramatically reduced the outbound flow" according to Bill Berry, director of operations at Beverage Corporation International, the Miami division of Shasta Corp.
"We are very pleased to have the opportunity to demonstrate that many beverage bottling companies, with similar circumstances, may not need to discharge huge amounts of "good" quality water to city sewer and pay thousands of dollars in fees" said Jeff Dunn, vice president of WMG. "The water quality from the reuse system is so good that the recovered water can be reused for process water and/or plant utilities."
More like this
- Company Awarded Contract to Provide Equipment for the Everglades Restoration Project
- Water Management Group Awarded Contract to Provide Water Treatment Equipment for Everglades Restora
- Water Management Group Awarded Contract for the Everglades Restoration Project
- Every Drop Counts as Industry Goes High-Tech to Cope With Water Costs, Shortages
- Big Bear Mountain Premium Spring Water Debuts in Southern California