Awards were presented to the owners, designers and contractors of the projects selected by the editorial staff
The editors of Water & Wastes Digest presented the 2013 Top Projects awards at an Oct. 8, 2013 ceremony held at Maggiano's Little Italy in Chicago during WEFTEC.13. Awards were presented to the owners, designers and contractors of the 10 water and wastewater projects selected as winners by the editorial staff.
The Top Projects winners include:
- • Agua Nueva & Ina Road Water Reclamation Facility Regional Optimization Master Plan Project – Pima County, Ariz.;
- • Bacon Process Wastewater Treatment System Project – Midwest Region, U.S.;
- • Camden Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion Project – Camden, S.C.;
- • Dickson Farms Livestock Water Recycling Project – Bath, N.Y.;
- • Fort Wayne Combined Sewage Pump Station & Screenings Project – Fort Wayne, Ind.;
- • Fort Wayne UV Disinfection & Reservoir Improvements Project – Fort Wayne, Ind.;
- • Hays Mine & Aldrich Water Treatment Plant Upgrades Project – Pittsburgh and Elrama, Pa.;
- • Replacement of Legacy Process Data Collection System at Ontario Clean Water Agency Project – Ontario, Canada;
- • PDAM Malang Water Management Project – Malang, Indonesia; and
- • Waldo & Gainesville Regional Utilities Wastewater Interconnect Project – Waldo and Gainesville, Fla.
Nominations for Top Projects were accepted from June to August 2013. Projects highlight a water or wastewater project that was in its design or construction phase over the last 18 months.
Descriptions of each winning project will be featured in WWD’s December 2013 Annual Reference Guide issue.